.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Home Based Childcare Essay

Childminder must handle completely information that she has on the boor as cloak-and-dagger and should be make outd only with the chelas p arnts and the child. It is essential to handle data well-nigh children and families in a unavowed way, due to that they have a legal right to privacy. It is equ anyy outstanding that information should not be passed on without written approval of the parents or billingr, because they have the right to give or deny their try for in front the childminder whitethorn take certain action with respect to their child.For example the parents or carer approval is motiveed to discuss information about the children with professionals such us GP, health visitors or teachers. Therefore it is important also to get authority to share the childs learning journey with different professionals. In second place confidentiality and data trade testimonial also means that all information about children and families should not discussed with a friend or ot her parents. Therefore there are only two sets of circumstances to share information * adverts or cares gave the written approval for it.* It is essential to do so in the best of interest of the child, for example safeguarding or medical mite. totally information about children and families is sensitive. So that all documentation, reports, notes about the child should be unplowed in a safe place such, as in a filing cabinet, which can be locked, and not removed from the childminders home. Furthermore all information stored on computer must be password protected. In the same way photographs of the children can only be taken with the written consent of the parents and carers.Data trade protection Act survive to strike a balance between the rights of someones to privacy and to use data for the purposes of the business. The purpose of data protection legislation is to make sure that the personalised data is not processed without the knowledge of the individuals. The act of data p rotection introduced basic rules of registration for data users and right of access to that data for the individuals who are related to it.The childminders have data protection responsibilities. First of all they need to protect the children and their families and maintain sense of trust between parent and staff. just about important is that if they keep records of the childrens health, deportment or development on the computer or takes digital photograph of the children, they leave alone be pass judgment to register with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) (ncma.org.uk, 2013).The points that I may entangle in my confidentiality and Date protection polity areConfidentiality Policy* either parents receive a copy of my policies and procedures, which detail how I run my setting. * My credentials of registration is displayed and available to all parents. * I am aware of my responsibilities chthonic the Data protective covering Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. * I maintain a record of parents and/or emergency connection details, the contact details of the childs GP and appropriate signed consent forms. * If a child is identified as a child in need (section 17 of the Children Act 1989) I go out, normally with the parents permission, give appropriate information to referring agencies. * I expect parents to inform me of some(prenominal) changes in the childs home circumstances, care arrangements or every other change which may affect the childs behaviour such as a new baby, parents separation, divorce, new partner or each bereavement.* All information shared will be unplowed confidential and will not be disclosed without the parents consent, except as required by law, for example, if there appears to be a child protection issue. Please see my Safeguarding Children policy. * I expect parents to keep private and confidential whatever sensitive information they may accidentally learn about my family, setting or the other children an d families attending, unless it is a child protection issue. * Ofsted may require to my see records at any time.* Parents have the right to inspect all records about their child at any time. * All pregnant calamitys are recorded in an incident book and will be shared and discussed with parents so that together we can work to resolve any issues. * As a registered provider I must notify Ofsted of any serious accidents, illnesses or injuries or the death of any child whilst in my care and any action I may have taken within 14 days of an incident occurring. * If I am in need of support or advice regarding a serious illness or incident involving a child in my care I may contact National Childminding Association who will log information regarding the incident with regard to their safeguarding policy. An NCMA designated officer will be assigned to my cuticle and all the information given to them will be unplowed confidentially unless their appears to be a child protection issue which w ill be describe accordingly.* If an accident or incident involving a child in my care may result in an insurance claim I will contact my public liability insurance provider to discuss my case and be allocated a claim number. This may involve discussing details of the child in my care with a third party. * If I am utilize the National Childminding Association (NCMA) public liability insurance, the total life of the policy is 21 years and 4 months to enable the child to make a claim against the policy at a later date.Data security Policy* I am aware of my responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. * If I keep records relating to individual children on my computer I will ask for the parents permission. The information will be securely stored for example, in password-protected files, to prevent regard of the information by others with access to the computer. Backup files will be stored on insert method, for example, a memory stick, D VD or CD which will be locked apart when not being used. * All information on children, families and anyone working with me (if applicable) is kept securely and treated in confidence. Information will only be shared if the parents/carers/co-workers give their permission or there appears to be a child protection issue. All details will be kept confidential and records are kept secure. The details are easily well-disposed if any information is required for inspection by Ofsted.* All parents will be asked to complete permission forms for use of photos, please see Parent Permission form. Photos will be used for observations. I will be carrying my mobile phone with me when I am on outings to keep emergency contact details and to call for assistance and to contact parents if First concern is required. My mobile does have a facility to take photos (this will done in accordance to parental permissions). * I am registered as a Data Controller with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office ).Biography* http//www.ncma.org.uk/childminders/your_business/policies_and_procedures/data_protection.aspx * Riddall-Leech, Sheila (2010) Home-Based child care Student Book Level 3 Unit CYPOP5 * The date protection Act 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment